Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Pacific View site Proposal: Make it a "Glamping" Campground








I've been thinking about our recent Pacific View land purchase and I think I got a good idea for y'all.

We need more camping opportunities around here, camping in our urban beach environment is super fun. Even locals book a campsite at Cardiff or Carlsbad once a year.

With the proper landscaping and love the Pacific View site would make for great "Glamping" (glamor camping).

The city could put in cool Airstream trailers, build modern hipster tents and yurts and install facilities like showers and restrooms. It would be great.

Imagine spending the day with the family at Moonlight Beach all day, then walking a short walk to your Glamp Site. You could enjoy downtown Encinitas easily if you get tired of the beach.

I haven't crunched the numbers, but it should be an affordable build out and I have no doubt it would book out far in advance.

Don't laugh at my crazy idea, this could work. Classic retro family camping is the future. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm not laughing. I'd glamp there in a heartbeat if it didn't involve generator noise. My family tried tent camping at Cardiff State Beach for New Year's Eve one year. Never again. The dog fights were annoying but tolerable. But the external RV generators weren't. Our little tent site was surrounded by generator noise from RV-"camping" neighbors who needed electricity to watch football outside. Couldn't hear the sound of the ocean from all the generators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ignore Prop A. No more than one camper stacked on top of another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Idea. JP- You are a thinker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...JP for Mayor....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the idea, but will need a buffer of trees/bushes for the neighbors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course! This idea is solid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea! You have my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hell yes!!! Like Santa Barbara Autocamp, El Capitan Canyon, Jalama Beach. Where do I sign?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting on the Leucadia Blog.
There is nothing more powerful on this Earth than an anonymous opinion on the Internet.
Have at it!!!