Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK

Today the country recognizes Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King was one of America’s greatest citizens and greatest leaders. What he did was heroic.

Martin Luther King’s legacy serves to remind us that America is not honorable, just or free by default.

Martin Luther King’s legacy serves to remind us of the greatness of the American ideals of freedom and equality.

The promises of America are not realized without the actions and risks taken by an American citizenry who stand for justice. Because we have citizens who take personal risks to move us forward, the USA can reach its promise.

Here is one of the greatest speeches of all time. Watching it is a great way to start this day.

11 comments:

  1. And everyone in government get the day off again. Yee Haaa!!!

    I think its so cool that I get 13 holidays a year. When will they make Cesar Chavez day an official holiday? I guess he never had a very good speech, but there are way more hispanics in America than Afro-Americans. Oh well. Enjoy the rain day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MLK was a great American.

    Unfortunately his protoges, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have soiled his legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the opportunity to walk with MLK in Atlanta for Civil rights. It changed my life. I have never seen such charisma and his passion, before or since. In my mind no one could soil in legacy, although I am not a big fan of the older Jackson and Sharpton. Not so sure King would have been either. His "I have a dream" speech is history in itself. I encourage anyone who has not heard it to listen and learn. He was a big believer in "passive resistance". Thanks for posting this on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read "SHAKEDOW : EXPOSING THE REAL JESSE JACKSON" by Ken Timmerman. It will open your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Early 60's My uncle Gaylord Noyce marched with MLK and went to jail with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you know that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. check the links section. Lblog is on twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting on the Leucadia Blog.
There is nothing more powerful on this Earth than an anonymous opinion on the Internet.
Have at it!!!